-Check out the Nutrition Action website - great source for unbiased, nutritional information and recipes.
- Holiday Health and Safety Tips from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1) Wash your hands often 2) Stay warm - More tips see cdc_holiday_tips.pdf
- Watch 23 1/2 hours - the single best thing you can do for your health - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo
- ARAMARK is the new food service provider on campus. Check out the following websites to help you ensure you are eating as healthy as you can at work!
- "Healthy, Happy, Holiday Food" Donnelly Sellers, U of L Dietitian, will present this month's lunch and learn - AH100 - Dec 4 from Noon - 1:00 PM. Bring your own healthy holiday recipes to share! Healthy Happy Holiday food lunch and learn.pdf
- Check out how your colleagues and co-workers 'stay well at the U of L' - view photos from the Life Balance Fair Photos
Interested in a short presentation (25 minutes) on Stress Management Techniques and Coping with Change and Transition for your department or team? Contact Suzanne at wellness to set this up.
EFAP (Employee Family Assistance Program) 1-800-663-1142 www.homewoodhumansolutions.com
- See the following handouts to assist with Grieving or adjusting to a traumatic event - CMS_helping_grieving_employee_V_EN.pdf; CMS_adaptation_to_event_V_EN.pdf ; CMS_close_other_passed_away_V_EN.pdf
•Mental Health Commission of Canada: http://strategy.mentalhealthcommission.ca•Public Health Agency of Canada: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/•Alzheimer Society of Canada: www.alzheimer.ca•Check-Up From The Neck Up: http://www.checkupfromtheneckup.ca/•Mental Health Website: www.mymentalhealth.ca•Canadian Association of Social Workers: www.casw-acts.ca•Canadian Institute for Health Information: www.cihi.ca•Canadian Institutes of Health Research - Institute of Neurosciences,•Centre for Addictions and Mental Health: http://www.camh.net/•Canadian Medical Association: www.cma.ca•Canadian Mental Health Association: www.cmha.ca •Workplace Strategies for Mental Health: Workplace Strategies
Mindfulness - Dr. Rachel Crowder PhD RSW*- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
Thanks to all of you that joined us for our 7th Annual Life Balance Fair – Wellness Fosters Healthy Minds!
The Wellness Committee would like to thank all of those who submitted photos or tangible items for the First Ever ‘Staying Well at the U of L’ exhibit. This was a big hit and if you did not have a chance to view the items or photos please check out the Wellness website to see photos of the tables and the fair.
A big THANK YOU goes out to our exhibitors, sponsors, and folks brave enough to perform the demos for the fair. We could not do it without you!
Thank you to all of our exhibitors for their tables and door prizes and special thanks to our sponsors, the U of L Wellness Committee, Safeway, Save-On Foods, Everything Wine and More, LA Chefs, SunLife, Blue Cross and Mercer.
Check out the list of prize winners and photos 7th Annual life balance fair prize winners.pdf