What services are available to students with mental health concerns?
Students have access to a Mental Health Team at the Health Centre, a service that can further aid in navigating the challenges and difficulties of mental health/addictions. By reaching out to the Mental Health Team, students can be connected with the right resources and supports within the UofL as well as in the community.
Our goal is to help you overcome these challenges so you are able to have the best possible experience at the University of Lethbridge.
If you have questions about services regarding mental health/addiction, please contact the Health Centre at 403-329-2484 or visit us in the SU Building SU020.
Mental Health Appointment Process
When presenting at the Health Centre with a mental health concern, you will first be booked with a physician for assessment. If assessment warrants, you will then be referred to the Mental Health Team for further assessment.
Please note that we practice a Shared Care Model between the Health Centre and the Mental Health Team. Therefore, all information provided to the physician is accessible by the Mental Health Team.
Once referred to the Mental Health Team, you will be booked to complete an Intake Assessment:
Intake Assessment with the Mental Health Nurse (MHN)
- The patient will meet with the MHN for approximately 1 hour to complete an intake assessment. An intake assessment includes a review of family, medical, social, and educational history; presenting concerns; completion of appropriate assessments; and discussions around what the patient is looking for regarding treatment.
- Once the intake assessment is complete, you will be booked with the appropirate member of the Mental Health Team or referred to one of the following:
These are other resources that a patient may be referred to:
- UofL Counselling Services. If you are looking to book an appointment with Counselling Services, please contact them directly at 403-317-2845.
- UofL Accommodated Learning Centre (ALC). If you are looking to book an appointment with ALC, please contact them directly at 403-329-2766.
- UofL Student Success Centre (SSC). If you are looking to book and appointment with (SSC), please contact them direclty at email@example.com
- UofL Dietitian. If you are looking to book an appointment with the Dietitian, please contact the Health Centre at 403-329-2484.
- UofL Addictions Coordinator. If you are looking to book and appointment with the Addictions Coordinator, please contact the Health Centre at 403-317-2888.