Health Insurance

Basic Health Care

In Canada, basic health care coverage is provided by provincal health care plans. All University students MUST have basic health insurance. Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan will cover the cost of your doctor's bills, hospital bills, surgery and medical tests.

While you are attending school in Alberta you may contunue to use your current provincal health care card from another Canadian province. We can assist you in applying for Alberta Health Care should you not currently have any basic provincal health care insurance. International students need to come by the Health Centre and we will assist you in applying for health care coverage. For more information please see Health Insurance for Interational Students.

It is very important to ALWAYS carry your provincal health care card with you.

This card in necessary for you to access any and all health care services. Please ensure that you have your card and photo ID with you. Should you require a new card contact Alberta Health & Wellness toll-free in Alberta 403-310-0000 then 780-427-1432.

Extended Health Insurance

This plan pays for medical costs not covered by Alberta Health Care, i.e., ambulance, medication, dental work, etc. The costs for this plan are included in your tuition. You will be automatically enrolled in the Students' Union Extended Health and Dental Plan if you are a full-time student. Please contact the Students' Union Office in SU180 for more information on your Health and Dental Plan or to opt out if you already have other another extend benifits package.