Emergency and First Aid Assistance on Campus
On Campus: 24 Hour Assistance
Emergency first aid care is available 24 hours a day on campus. Security Representatives are trained to assist with all medical emergencies and are available at all times.
For Serious or Life Threatening Emergancies
- Call 911 (9-911 from internal phone) for Fire, Ambulance and Police
- Remain calm and do not leave the injured/ill individual.
- Ensure the scene is safe - minimize further danger to the injured person or yourself. Do not move the person unless there is a high risk of further injury.
- Provide the dispatcher with the required information;
- You will be asked if you require police, ambulance or fire services.
- You will be asked to provide your name, phone number, location.
- Inform Security Services 403-329-2345 (2345 from a in-house phone) of your 911 call immediately. They will be able to assist the ambulance/paramedics to reach you.
For Non-emergent Injury or Illness
- call a Security Representative at (403) 329-2345 or 2345 (on an in-house phone).
- Stay on the line and a Security Reprsentative will speak with you shortly. Fully describe what is happening and the representative will come to your location.
Injuries occuring on campus require the completion of a Campus Accident/Injury Report within 24 hours of the near miss or injury.