Emergency first aid care is available 24 hours a day on campus. Security Representatives are trained to assist with all medical emergencies and are available at all times.
For Serious or Life Threatening Emergancies
- Remain calm and do not leave the injured/ill individual.
- Ensure the scene is safe - minimize further danger to the injured person or yourself. Do not move the person unless there is a high risk of further injury.
- Provide the dispatcher with the required information;
- You will be asked if you require police, ambulance or fire services.
- You will be asked to provide your name, phone number, location.
- Inform Security Services 403-329-2345 (2345 from a in-house phone) of your 911 call immediately. They will be able to assist the ambulance/paramedics to reach you.
For Non-emergent Injury or Illness
Injuries occuring on campus require the completion of a Campus Accident/Injury Report within 24 hours of the near miss or injury.