My area of specialization is at the intersection of five fields of study including Health Care, Organizational Theory and Design, Organizational Behaviour, Service Management, and Architecture. I have a special interest in applying a services management perspective to the design and delivery of services in health care. Other areas of particular interest include:
• Exploring the role and influence of culture and climate in organizations.
• Creating and preserving a strong service climate in health care from a management perspective.
• Exploring the linkages between the employee and patient experience in health care.
• Understanding, measuring and improving service quality in health care.
• Empowering patients through the service design.
• Understanding organizational design and change strategies that promote well-being.
• Exploring the role of physical design as a dimension of organizational design.
- Ph.D. (Business and Public Administration), The University of Victoria
- M.Sc. (Management), The University of Lethbridge
- B.Sc. (Nursing), The University of British Columbia
Click to view or download