Access the Graduate Online Application System.
Applicants should begin work on the application package as soon as possible.
No application can receive formal consideration until all documentation is received. All documents received in support of an application become the property of the University and will not be released or copied except to other officers of the University as required by University procedures.
Eligible applicants must apply for admission by following the process outlined below.
Step One- Applicant Completes the Master of Fine Arts Application:
- Application for admission
- Academic transcripts
- Applicant uploads unofficial transcripts into the online application system
- Applicant also arranges to have official transcripts (including proof of graduation for the baccalaureate degree and transcripts of all post-baccalaureate work, if any) sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admissions Office.
- Letters of reference
- Three academic references are submitted by each referee online.
- The applicant must have studied with at least two of the referee
- The CV is uploaded into the online application
- Letter of intent
- The letter of intent is uploaded into the online application.
- Explains the direction of the applicant’s current area of research and practice and indicating the specific nature of interest in the Master of Fine Arts program in the discipline to which they are applying. Maximum length is 500 words.
- Financial support documentation
- The applicant provides evidence of financial assistance from external agencies and applies for assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships, if any.
- English language proficiency (ELP)
- Portfolio or Audtion/Interview
Step Two - Submit application package
- The applicant submits the application package, plus the application fee online by February 1
- The chair of the Master of Fine Arts/Master of Music Program Committee informs the applicant of its decision
We invite you to contact us at:
School of Graduate Studies AH115
4401 University Drive