Access the Graduate Online Application System.
Students are admitted only once a year, on a cohort basis. Applications and all supporting documentation, with the possible exception of final semester grades for those currently enrolled, must be received no later than March 1 (First Round)* and May 1 (Second Round)** for admission to the Fall Semester.
* International students are encouraged to apply by March 1 to allow sufficient time for the processing of student visa/study permit.
** Space permitting; enrolment is limited and early application is encouraged.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements before the University will consider admission:
- A University of Lethbridge Bachelor of Management degree or its academic equivalent from another recognized degree-granting institution in the discipline of interest, or in a closely related cognate discipline. The University of Lethbridge reserves the right to determine whether degrees from other academic programs completed elsewhere are equivalent to University of Lethbridge baccalaureate degrees. Applied and Technology degrees are not normally considered to be a basis of admission for graduate programs. A baccalaureate degree, or its academic equivalent, in disciplines other than Business or Management will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) on the last 20 graded university-level semester courses.
- A standardized graduate achievement test is required. Although the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is preferred, the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) will be considered where circumstances merit the substitution. A minimum test score of 550 on the GMAT with a minimum 4.0 on the Analytical Writing portion is required to be considered for admission.
- A letter of intent outlining the applicant's interest in pursuing graduate studies, and particularly the stream of research within the selected management major. Applicants will rank their chosen research stream on the form provided in the application package.
- Three letters of reference from referees who are able to speak to the applicant's ability and aptitude for graduate studies. Referees may provide their comments on the Letter of Recommendation form and/or a separate letter sent directly to the ROSS
- Current curriculum vitae (a resume of qualifications and experience)
Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) Requirement for Graduate Studies.
See more admission requirements
POST ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Newly admitted students are required to pay a non-refundable $100 deposit to confirm acceptance of their admission. This deposit is credit toward their registration in the program
- Full-time students may not be employed in any form of employment exceeding 10 hours per week
- Students judged to be of suitable calibre but lacking in some necessary preparation may be considered for admission subject to those conditions deemed necessary to correct the deficiencies