New Opportunity: Research Assistants needed
Project Title: Caring for Caregivers - Investigating the Health Status of Workers in Long Term Care /Assisted Living Facilities in Southern Alberta.
Researchers in the Faculty of Health Sciences and Arts & Sciences are seeking two applications for part-time Research Assistants to assist with a two-year study on investigating the health status of workers in long-term care / assisted living facilities in Southern Alberta.
The work would take up to 10 hours per week. The position commences September 2017, and ends in May of 2019 (depending on availability of funds).
The work would involve:
- Working as part of the research team
- Searching, retrieving and summarizing scholarly literature, and creating/maintaining an Endnote database of relevant literature
- Traveling to sites in different locations across Southern Alberta to recruit participants, deliver survey instruments, and retrieve completed surveys
- Receiving/responding to questions from participants (phone, email, in person)
- Maintaining a research log book of field notes, memos, etc.
- Participating in qualitative data collection, data transcription and analysis with the research team
- Facilitating discussions with groups of research participants and Advisory Board Committee
- Writing outlines, first drafts of reports, publications
- Other duties as negotiated
The successful applicants must be at least aged 25, have valid driver’s licences, familiar with computers and common software (MS Word, Project, Excel, Outlook, Endnote, NVivo) and ability/willingness to drive to locations throughout Southern Alberta. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Some knowledge/experience with research processes would be a great asset. Some nursing or health-care related experience would beneficial, but is not required. Hours per week/per day are flexible, and wage is somewhat negotiable, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested individual should contact Dr. Olu Awosoga at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-3324058.