Part 8: Graduation
Applying for Graduation
Requirements for Conferral of the Degree
To graduate, students must have done the following:
- Passed all courses with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Passed the written and oral components of the Thesis oral defence and completed all required changes to the Thesis
- Submitted all documentation to the School of Graduate Studies and PDF copy of the Thesis to the e-thesis system for approval by the Dean.
NOTE: Students are responsible for ensuring all their degree requirements have been met.
Completing the Application for Graduation Form
Students must apply for graduation by completing and submitting the online Application for Graduation form through the Bridge (www.ulethbridge.ca/bridge/uofl_grad_app.apply). The School of Graduate Studies will submit the students’ names to Graduate Council for approval when all degree requirements have been met (see Requirements for Conferral of the Degree, above).
Graduation application deadlines:
- For Spring Convocation: March 1
- For Fall Convocation: August 1
Confirming the Graduation
Graduate Council approves graduands. The School of Graduate Studies forwards a list of approved graduands to the Office of the Registrar.
For complete details on graduation, and the Convocation ceremony, refer to Policies and Program Requirements in the Academic Regulations section of the Graduate Studies Calendar (www.ulethbridge.ca/ross/academic-calendar).
 Candidates for a degree.