NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (February 1, 2019)
- The purpose is to recruit and support Albertans in their pursuit of a master's degree within the technology field of Computer Science.
- No deadline; considered with application for admission
- $30,000 for one year with potential for renewal in second year (based on funding availability)
- Students must be enrolled in a full time, thesis based, master's program.
- Be Canadian citizen, permanent resident
- Be a resident of Alberta
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program. Apply for Master of Science in Computer Science by February 1, 2019!
Students are considered to be residents of Alberta, if Alberta is the last province/territory they lived in for 12 consecutive months. The time spent as a full-time post-secondary student in Alberta does not count towards the length of time required to establish residency in Alberta. If a student has spent time outside of Alberta doing volunteer activities, this time does not count against the student’s Alberta residency.
Any full-time student who does not meet any Canadian province or territory’s residency criteria may be considered an Alberta resident as long as the student is:
- attending an Alberta educational institution, and
- residing in Alberta during the study period.