Part 4: Committees
Management Graduate Programs Committee
Each graduate program has a program committee that is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of that program.
|NOTE:||For the complete regulations regarding graduate program committees, refer to the School of Graduate Studies Governing Principles (www.ulethbridge.ca/graduate-studies/governing-principles).|
Membership of Management Graduate Programs Committee
The Management Graduate Programs is responsible for the general supervision of the Master of Science (Management) program. Membership of the committee is as follows:
- Program Committee Chair, who is the Director of management graduate programs
- Three (3) faculty members who are jointly members of the School of Graduate Studies and the Faculty of Management, appointed by Graduate Council.
- One (1) member of the School of Graduate Studies who is not a member of the Faculty of Management, appointed by Graduate Council.
- At most, an additional two (2) representatives of relevant professional bodies external to the University, recommended by the Faculty of Management and approved by Graduate Council.
- The Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, ex-officio.
Duties and responsibilities of the Management Graduate Programs Committee
The responsibilities of the Management Graduate Programs Committees include the following:
- Reporting to Graduate Council on all matters related to its operation, at least annually.
- Recommending to Graduate Council policy and program changes.
- Recommending to the appropriate bodies on graduate scholarships, assistantships or awards.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the admission of students to the School of Graduate Studies, subject to the admission standards and policies determined by General Faculties Council.
- Awarding credit for any previous courses and/or graduate work.
- Recommending to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies on student admissibility.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the appointment of examiners for examinations in the School of Graduate Studies, the conduct of examinations and the determination of the results of them.
- Reviewing and recommending where necessary to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies on students’ progress and standing.
- Approving, reviewing and, where necessary, changing individual student programs.
- Reviewing and approving the composition of and/or changes to the composition of students’ supervisory committees.
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, determining the conditions under which a student must withdraw from or may continue his/her program of studies in the School of Graduate Studies.
- Recommending graduands to the Executive Committee of Graduate Council for Graduate Council approval.
- Hearing student appeals of an academic nature, with the exception of grade appeals. Appeals heard by the Management Graduate Programs Committee include appeals related to: the outcome of a Master’s Thesis oral defence, the outcome of a comprehensive examination, the outcome of a transfer examination, or student progress and standing.