Applying for graduation
Requirements for conferral of the degree
To graduate, students must have done the following:
- Passed all courses, as per program requirements for graduation with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00;
- Passed the Master’s Thesis proposal defence;
- Passed the written and oral components of the Master’s Thesis oral defence and completed all required changes to the Master’s Thesis;
- Submitted all documentation to the School of Graduate Studies and PDF copy of the Master’s Thesis to the e-thesis system (see After receiving final approval of the Master’s Thesis).
|NOTE:||Students are responsible for ensuring all their degree requirements have been met.|
Completing the Application for Graduation form
Students must apply for graduation by completing and submitting the online Application for Graduation form through the Bridge (www.ulethbridge.ca/bridge/uofl_grad_app.apply). The School of Graduate Studies will submit the students’ names to Graduate Council for approval when all degree requirements have been met (see Requirements for conferral of the degree, above).
|NOTE:||If the Master’s Thesis oral defencehas taken place in a term that the student has a designation of ‘X’ (Continuing) for the Master’s Thesis course, the supervisor must sign and submit a Grade Change form. This will change the ‘X’ (Continuing) designation to a ‘P’ (Pass) grade for the student’s Master’s Thesis course for that term.|
Graduation application deadlines:
- For Spring Convocation: March 1
- For Fall Convocation: August 1
Confirming the graduation
The Management Graduate Programs Committee recommends graduands to the Graduate Council for approval. The School of Graduate Studies forwards a list of approved graduands to the Office of the Registrar.
For complete details on graduation, and the Convocation ceremony, refer to Policies and Program Requirements in the Academic Regulations section of the Graduate Studies Calendar (www.ulethbridge.ca/ross/academic-calendar).
 Candidates for a degree.