Part 8: Thesis Route
Applying for Graduation
Requirements for Graduation
To graduate, students must have done the following:
- Passed all courses with a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Passed the written and oral components of the Thesis Examination and completed all required changes to the Thesis
- Submitted all documentation to the SGS as per program requirements (see After Receiving Final Approval of the Thesis)
|Note:||MN students are responsible for ensuring they have met all their degree requirements.|
Completing the Application for Graduation Form
Students must apply for graduation, by completing and submitting the online Application for Graduation. The SGS will submit the student’s name to Graduate Council for approval when all degree requirements have been met:
Graduation application deadlines:
- For Spring Convocation March 1
- For Fall Convocation: August 1
|Note:||If the Thesis Oral Defence has taken place in a semester that the student has not registered for, the Thesis Supervisor must sign and submit a Grade Changeform. This will change the student’s grade that semester from continuing (“X”) to Pass (“P”) or Fail (“F”).|
The Graduate Council approves graduands. The SGS forwards a list of approved graduands to the Registrar’s Office.
For complete details on graduation, and the convocation ceremony, see the Graduate Studies Calendar: Graduation.
Were you able to find what you were looking for?
If you have questions regarding our graduate programs, fill out our inquiry form.