Part 8: Thesis Route
Purpose and Requirements of the Thesis
The Thesis must make a significant, original contribution to the body of knowledge in a given discipline. It must show that the student:
- Is familiar with the published literature in the Thesis’ subject area;
- Is competent to complete independent research and present the findings;
- Has used appropriate research methods;
- Has applied appropriate levels of critical analysis.
The SGS specifies the following requirements for the Thesis:
- The Thesis must consist of original student research work;
- The student is responsible for writing the Thesis;
- The student must orally defend the Thesis:
- The Thesis remains the intellectual property of the student.
Were you able to find what you were looking for?
If you have questions regarding our graduate programs, fill out our inquiry form.