Part 6: MN Program Committee
Members of the School of Graduate Studies
See the SGS Governing Principles for regulations regarding criteria and processes for membership, and duties and responsibilities of members of the SGS.
MN Program Committee
Each graduate program has a Program Committee that is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of that program.
Role & Responsibilities of the MN Program Committee
The responsibilities of the MN Program Committee include the following:
- Reporting to Graduate Council on all matters related to its operation, at least annually
- Recommending to Graduate Council policy and program changes
- Recommending to the appropriate bodies on graduate scholarships, assistantships or awards
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the admission of students to the SGS, subject to the admission standards and policies determined by the General Faculties Council (GFC)
- Awarding credit for any previous courses and/or graduate work
- Recommending to the SGS Dean on student admissibility
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, providing for the appointment of examiners for examinations in the SGS, the conduct of examinations and the determination of the results of them
- Reviewing and recommending where necessary to the SGS Dean on students’ progress and standing
- Approving, reviewing and, where necessary, changing individual student programs
- Reviewing and approving the composition of and/or changes to the composition of students’ Thesis Supervisory Committees
- On delegated authority from Graduate Council, determining the conditions under which a student must withdraw from or may continue his or her program of studies in the SGS
- Recommending graduands to the Executive Committee of Graduate Council for Graduate Council approval
- Hearing student appeals of an academic nature, with the exception of grade appeals; appeals heard by the MN Program Committee include appeals related to: the outcome of a Thesis Oral Defence or student progress and standing
Membership of MN Program Committee
Membership of the Committee is as follows:
- A chair—who is a member of the Faculty of Health Sciences—appointed by Graduate Council;
- Three faculty members—who are members of both the SGS, and the Faculty of Health Sciences—appointed by Graduate Council;
- One member of the SGS who is not a member of the Faculty of Health Sciences, appointed by the Graduate Council;
- The SGS Dean, ex officio.
Were you able to find what you were looking for?
If you have questions regarding our graduate programs, fill out our inquiry form.