SGS Governing Principles (as of Dec 10, 2012)
V. Program Chairs Committee
The Program Chairs Committee (PCC) provides a forum for cross-program discussion of program-level processes and procedures to move program-level initiatives forward and provide quality control and consistency across graduate programs at the University of Lethbridge.
- Dean of Graduate Studies (Chair)
- Program Chair, MA (or designate)
- Program Chair, MFA/MMus (or designate).
- Program Chair, MSc (or designate).
- Program Chair, PhD (or designate).
- Director, Management Graduate Programs (or designate).
- Assistant Dean, Graduate Programs in Education (or designate).
- Coordinator, MSc in Health Sciences (or designate).
Note: Other members may be added as new program areas or program committees are developed.
These may include but are not limited to:
- Admission processes.
- Application processes.
- Examination and defence processes.
- Post-admission monitoring of student progress.
- SGS policies related to program administration.
- Graduate academic regulations (SGS Calendar).
The PCC was originally created as an ad hoc committee by the Vice-President (Academic) in June of 2010 and was approved by Graduate Council on May 12, 2011 as a standing committee of the School of Graduate Studies.