The goal of this bursary is to assist FNMI students to obtain the skills and knowledge to enter or re-enter the workforce in northern Alberta.
Agency Deadline: June 1st and November 15
The First Nation, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of varying amounts:
Students in a Bachelor’s, Masters’ or PhD program can access $10,000 per year for any year of their studies.
In addition to the base bursary amount of $6,000 and $10,000 students may qualify for additional funding based on financial need to assist with their schooling cost.
You may receive a First Nation, Métis and Inuit NADC Bursary if you:
- Are 18 years of age or older
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled fulltime in a post-secondary program that is designated for provincial funding
- In a program that is at least 12 weeks in length
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan
- Can provide proof of Indigenous (see application for more detail)
Application & Information: Visit NADC Bursary website for further details.