U of L Graduate Research Award
The University of Lethbridge Graduate Research Award (ULGRA) is intended to facilitate nuance and flexibility in the financial support of graduate students at the University of Lethbridge housed within approved departments (see below). Students in these departments will only be considered for ULGRA funding and cannot be holding or be considered for other School of Graduate Studies admission funds (specifically the Tuition and Dean’s Scholarships).
- Units of $3,000 per annum can be offered to an individual up to a maximum of 7 units ($21,000) per annum
- Payable unpon confirmaiton of full-time enrolment at U of L
- Admitted to or continuing in a full-time thesis based or project based masters or doctoral program whose home department include:
- Math and Computer Science or
- No application is required at the time of admission.
- Selection is competed within the student's home department based on academic achievement and demonstrated research potential, and additional criteria as determined by the relevant department, faculty, or program area.
- Some departments* may conduct post admission funding considerations - please inquire with your Departmental Graduate Coordinator for information.
* Math and Computer Science Department does not offer post admission funding considerations.
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining satisfactory progress & standing in the graduate program.
NOTE: Students are permitted to hold the ULGRA concurrently with any Graduate Assistantship (as per the GSA Collective Agreement) and/or any Research Stipend provided by a Faculty Member. Students are not permitted to hold the ULGRA concurrently with either the SGS Tuition Scholarship or the SGS Dean’s Scholarship. ULGRA recipients who subsequently receive tri-council scholarships or other major awards in excess of $10,000, will have their ULGRA adjusted to a top-up amount. The top up value will be a minimum of $3000 OR to an amount such that the combined value of the top-up and the external award exceeds the initial ULGRA award by a maximum of $3,000 per applicable year.