TriCouncil (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR) Masters
- $17,500 for one year
- CIHR: 1 award
- SSHRC: 6 awards
- NSERC 4 awards
- See Graduate Scholarships - Master's Program for details
- Canadian or Permanent Resident
- full time graduate program when holding the award
- no more than 12 months in program as of Dec. 31st
- acheived first class average (GPA of 3.5) in each of the last two years completed
- Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency (NSERC vs SSHRC vs CIHR)
For more information, please visit Graduate Scholarhsip -Master's website.
- Selection process for CGS master’s students
- Under this model, students will submit applications to the CGS program via the NSERC/SSHRC/CIHR Research Portal. The agencies will make the proposals available to up to five of the institution(s) to which the applicant intends to apply for admission for his or her master’s studies (incoming model).
- The selection process will move from a two-stage process to a one-stage process. The institution(s) receiving the CGS applications will manage the selection process and award the CGS scholarships (the agencies will no longer conduct centralized, national selection processes for the master’s program).