NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (November 20, 2017)
The SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships and the J.-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarship (CGS) Doctoral Scholarships programs
- Aim to develop research skills and assist in the training of highly-qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of scholarly achievement in undergraduate and graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities.
- Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency
- Internal Deadline: Nov. 20
- J.-Armand Bombardier CGS Doctoral Scholarships are valued at $35,000 per annum for 36 month
- SSHRC Doctoral Fellowships are valued at $20,000 per annum for 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Students currently registered at the University of Lethbridge must apply through the University of Lethbridge
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to have their applications read and critiqued by faculty members and other students
- The applicant should request that official transcript(s) of their entire academic record (including transfer credit grades) be sent to the Graduate Advisor in the School of Graduate Studies.
- Up-to-date official transcript(s) should be requested from the Registrar's Office at each institution, as University of Lethbridge official transcripts DO NOT show the grades for transfer credit
Complete application includes:
- Application Procedure can be found on SSHRC website. Completed applications without the Dept Appraisal is submited to SGS Graduate Awards Advisor. The Award Advisor will obtain the Dept. Appraisals.
Citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
- Applying for support to pursue their first PhD (or equivalent)
- Be pursing doctoral studies (or a combined MA/PhD) in the social sciences and humanities
- Not have already received a scholarship or fellowship from SSHRC, NSERC, or CIHR to undertake or complete a doctoral degree or combined MA/PhD
- Not be applying in the current academic year to NSERC or CIHR
- Not be pursing a degree program that combines an undergraduate and graduate degree
On the proposed start date of the award, applicants must
- Be registered as full-time students, undertaking or continuing a doctoral program (or a combined MA/PhD program) in the social sciences or humanities
- Not have exceeded the allowable number of months already spent in doctoral study