SPOR Graduate Studentship in Patient-Oriented Research Competition
"With the consolidation of Alberta Innovates, we have recently under taken an organization-wide review of our programs to inform future programming and are currently working with our Senior Management Team on a plan for our training programs. As such, we have not confirmed any 2018 trainee competitions at this time. I anticipate more information coming in the next couple months and would recommend periodically checking our website for any program updates."
- Alberta Innovates
The Alberta SPOR Graduate Studentship provides opportunities for individuals enrolled in a thesis-based Master’s or PhD program at an Alberta university to undertake health-related research with a patient-oriented approach.
$30,000 for one year potential to renew
- Applicants must reside in Alberta
- Be enrolled in, or accepted to, a graduate program at an Alberta university undertaking health-related research training leading to a thesis-based graduate degree. Applicants may be entering their first year of graduate studies in either September of the competition year or January of the award year.
Application Process and Instructions
- The Graduate Studentship in POR competition is administered in partnership with the AIHS
- Visit this website to complete the application form
- One-page supplement outlining the propsed project as well as demonstrate how the research embodies the principles of POR. A description of patient and community partnerships established should be described as well as how the research question answers a need in the community
For more information: