SPOR Graduate Studentship in Patient-Oriented Research Competition
NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (October 2, 2017)
The Alberta SPOR Graduate Studentship provides opportunities for individuals enrolled in a thesis-based Master’s or PhD program at an Alberta university to undertake health-related research with a patient-oriented approach.
For the October 2017 competition, applicants are have the opportunity to partner with Strategic Clinical Networks (SCNs) for their research project.
Agency deadline: October 2 Online application
$30,000 for one year potential to renew
- Applicants must reside in Alberta
- Be enrolled in, or accepted to, a graduate program at an Alberta university undertaking health-related research training leading to a thesis-based graduate degree. Applicants may be entering their first year of graduate studies in either September of the competition year or January of the award year.
Application Process and Instructions
- The Graduate Studentship in POR competition is administered in partnership with the AIHS
- Visit this website to complete the application form
- One-page supplement outlining the propsed project as well as demonstrate how the research embodies the principles of POR. A description of patient and community partnerships established should be described as well as how the research question answers a need in the community
For more information: