Graduate Student Scholarship - Society of Edmonton Demographers
NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (January 15, 2018)
The Society of Edmonton Demographers (SED) is a society based in Edmonton that addresses the many aspects of human populations in Alberta, Canada, and around the world. The Society of Edmonton Demographers Graduate Student Scholarship (SEDGSS) aims to support advanced training of graduate students in Demography and Population Studies at the University of Lethbridge.
The mandate of SED includes:
1) To support research and learning of demography in the Province of Alberta and Canada;
2) To disseminate demographic information of Alberta and Canada.
- January 15 (or next business day)
- Entering or continuing full time graduate student
- Pursuing a Masters or Doctoral degree in the field of demography and population studies
- Preference will be given to students working with the Prentice Institute
- Cumulative or entering GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Applications are to be submitted to the SGS Award Advisor by the deadline
- Please refer to the SED Graduate application for details and application requirements
- Decisions will normally be announced by early March, with the name of the recipient to be announced at the annual Warren Kalbach Conference, usually taking place in March in Edmonton.