SGS Dean's Scholarship
These scholarships are offered to students who have outstanding academic records, show research promise and aptitude in their field.
- All students accepted into a full time, eligible graduate program are considered.
- Graduatestudents enrolled in a full-time MA, MSc, MFA, MMus, MEd, MC, MSc, Mgt or PhD program
- Academic achievement. Minimum entrance GPA of 3.7
- Program-relevant assessment of candidate's demonstrated aptitude, research skill, material and/or performance-related productions and activities may also be considered
- Completed no more than 24 months or 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program
- Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this award in the review process of individuals' application for admission
- Renewal in subsequent years is contingent upon applying for external funding from international, national or provincial funding agencies
- Must maintain minimum GPA of 3.7 and satisfactory progress and standing in the graduate program
NOTE: This award may not be held concurrently with other awards, scholarships, or fellowships valued at or over $10,000. In the event a student is offered multiple awards valued at $10,000 and greater, the student is encouraged to accept the non-Dean's Scholarship. The SGS will provide a $3,000 supplement to the additional award(s).