These scholarships are offered to students who have outstanding academic records, show research promise and aptitude in their field.
- Academic achievement. Minimum entrance GPA of 3.7
- Program-relevant assessment of candidate's demonstrated aptitude, research skill, material and/or performance-related productions and activities may also be considered
- Completed no more than 24 months or 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
- Graduate students enrolled in a full-time thesis-based MA,MSc, MN, MFA, MMus or PhD program*
*students in the Math & Computer Science and Neuroscience Departments are not considered for this award but rather the U of L Graduate Research Award.
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program
- Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this award in the review process of individuals' application for admission
- Must maintain satisfactory progress and standing in the graduate program
NOTE: This award may not be held concurrently with other awards, scholarships, or fellowships valued at or over $10,000. In the event a student is offered multiple awards valued at $10,000 and greater, the student is encouraged to accept the non-Dean's Scholarship. The SGS will provide a $3,000 supplement to the additional award(s). Students cannot hold this award concurrently as ULGRA funding.