President's Grant for International Community
- The President's Grant for International Community Engagement seeks to encourage greater interest in, and understanding of less developed countries by supporting students who are interested in partipating in international development work.
- January 31 at 4:00 p.m.
- June 30 at 4:00 p.m.
- September 30 at 4:00 p.m.
- Must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- Students must secure a faculty mentor prior to applying
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate an existing network or evidence of partnership with the developing country, either through their own involvement or that of their supervising faculty member
Application & Information:
- Application coversheet
- Proposal outlining the student's interest in and commitment to international work; intended academic or professional outcomes of the project; a description of the placement and the nature of the work to be undertaken, including the nature of the network or partnership; any preparatory activities to be undertaken prior to departure; and the proposed timeline or tenure of the project. (maximum 2 pages)
- Risk management assessment identifying potential risks and challenges associated with the anticipated international destination as well as the plan and/or steps that will be taken to mitigate the risks. (1 page)
- Budget detailing the expected costs associated with the project. (1 page)
- Supervisor statement of support outlining the student's interest in and commitment to the project, as well as an assessment of their capability to succeed. (1 page)
- For more information go here