The Studentship Program is intended to support research for training students in studies related to multiple sclerosis (MS). The studentships serve to attract and retain young trainees early in their academic and clinical research careers (in fields such as epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics, monitoring of disease activity and treatment, susceptibility to MS-including genetic, gender-related, and other factors, health care delivery/policy, cognitive, psychosocial and rehabilitation research aimed at improving quality of life research studies) and will support training in the field of MS.
Mechanisms of Support
The studentship program should emphasize opportunities for research/clinical training and broadening scientific understanding of MS for the Awardee. There are two streams of research, biomedical (BM) and clinical and population health (CPH):
Biomedical: Research uncovers the biological, pathological, and mechanistic aspects of MS, and provides fundamental knowledge about the development, progression, and treatment of MS disease. Topics include myelin biology, neurobiology, neurophysiology, immunology, neuropathology, imaging, and studies can involve in vitro, animal, and/or human models.
Clinical and Population Health: Research focuses on topics such as epidemiology, health economics, risk factors, health care delivery/policy, treatment monitoring and health assessment, symptom management, rehabilitation and social aspects of MS.
- Agency Deadline: Oct 1
- Masters Studentship Awards: $20,000/yr for a max 2 years.
- PhD Studentship Awards: $22,000/yr for a max 4 years.
- PDF Fellowship Awards: $41,000/yr for a max 3 years.
In order to apply for this award, applicants must:
- Those who are working towards a Masters, PhD or related degrees pertaining to research in MS
- Enrolled in graduate training at a Canadian institution; or those interested in studying abroad must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Studentships must be held in a recognized institution; and responsible to an appropriate supervisor who is in a field relevant to MS
Online Application, Information and instructions can be found here.