The School of Graduate Studies pays the Graduate Assistantship (GA) on the condition that the student fulfills reasonable assistantship duties, which are assigned by the relevant Faculty, and conform to the tenets of the GSA Collective Agreement.
This funding opportunity is available for new applications for admission received on any of our admission deadlines.
- Full assistantship of $3,600 for 112 hours assigned work in a single semester
- Half assistantship of $1,800 for 56 hours assigned work in a single semester
NOTE: typically a student may hold up to two GA per year.
- All students accepted into the eligible programs may be considered at the time of application for admission (master students within the Faculty of Education may apply for GA positions as posted)
- Completed no more than 24 months (48 months for part time)/ 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
- Must be registered in a graduate program at the time the assignment of duties are carried out.
- No application is required (other than master students within the F. of Education). All eligible candidates are considered at the time of applcation to the graduate program
Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this funding in the review process of individuals' application for admissions
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining eligibility (academic merit) and satisfactory progress & standing in the graduate program as well as past work will be reviewed.