Graduate Assistantship (GA)
The School of Graduate Studies pays the Graduate Assistantship (GA) on the condition that the student fulfills reasonable assistantship duties, which are assigned by the relevant Faculty, and conform to the tenets of the GSA Collective Agreement.
This funding opportunity is available for new applications for admission received on or following the February 1st, admission deadline.
- Full assistantship of $3,600 for 120 hours assigned work in a single semester
- Half assistantship of $1,800 for 60 hours assigned work in a single semester
NOTE: typically a student may hold up to two GA per year
- All students accepted into the eligible programs are automatically considered
- Graduate students enrolled in a thesis based MA, MSc, MFA, MMus or PhD program
- Completed no more than 24 months (48 months for part time)/ 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
- No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of applcation to the graduate program
Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this funding in the review process of individuals' application for admissions
- Renewal is contingent upon maintaining eligibility (academic merit) and satisfactory progress & standing in the graduate program