Dr. Ivarson Agricultural Scholarship
NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (November 10, 2017)
This Scholarship was created by Dr. Karl C. Ivarson through a bequest to the Agricultural Institute of Canada Foundation. In establishing this award, Dr. Ivarson wished to support students from his home province of Alberta in their pursuit of studies in agricultural sciences or related discipline.
- November 10
- $10,000 Masters/$16,900 PhD
- Can. or PR, full time Masters or PhD students
- Candidates must be from the province of Alberta by meeting at least one of the following criteria:
- An applicant with a permanent residence in Alberta, Canada for a minimum of 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- A student studying agriculture or a related discipline at an Alberta university.
- A graduate of an Alberta high school or post-secondary institution but studying at a nonAlberta institution.
- An applicant born in Alberta.
- Significant knowledge of and attachment to Alberta, as demonstrated through a series of short term residences including some primary or secondary schooling in Alberta.
- Other (explain).
Each year, through the Dr. Karl C. Ivarson Scholarship, financial support is provided to a student(s) in agricultural sciences at a Canadian university. Candidates must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residence status in Canada and be enrolled in their graduate program for at least one semester beyond the application deadline.
Instructions: Applications must be submitted electronically to the AICF Manager. Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions and a letter from the university confirming enrolment in your current program are required to be submitted in support of the application. Transcripts can be opened, scanned and sent with your application. Do not send transcripts by regular mail. Reference letters (using the form provided on the AICF website) must be sent directly by the referee to the AICF Manager. .
For more information and the application visit the Canadian Foundation for Food and Agricultural Education website.