The Canada Graduate Scholarships Doctoral Awards administered by Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) are intended to provide special recognition and support to students who are pursuing a PhD degree in a health related field in Canada.
- October 2nd
- The maximum amount awarded for a single award is $30,000 for up to three year with a $5,000 Research Allowance.
- Be entering or registered full-time in the first or second year of a PhD program in which research is a major component (awards will not take effect until after proof of registration is received)
- NOT have already held, or hold, an award from SSHRC, NSERC, CIHR or any other federal source to undertake and/or complete a PhD degree.
- Selecting the Appropriate Federal Granting Agency (NSERC vs SSHRC vs CIHR)
- Apply online via ResarchNet. This Funding Opportunity participates in the eApproval process. As such, once submitted the application will be electronically directed to the proposed Institution Paid for review and approval. The eApproval process allows Administrators at the Institution to review and electronically approve an application for which the applicant has identified their institution as the Institution Paid. Once the application is reviewed and approved by the Institution, it will be submitted electronically to CIHR on behalf of the applicant.
For Doctoral Awards, you must submit an Annual Progress Report in order for you next year of funding to be put into place. This report should be submitted to the Graduate Award Advisor prior to the anniversary of your scholarship to ensure there is no disruption to your payments.