Breathe: The Lung Association
NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (March 30, 2018)
Funding for the 2017-2018 award is a joint effort — up to five student awards are funded by ARH Healthcare Foundation and one student award will be funded through the Respiratory Health Strategic Clinical Network of Alberta Health Services, for up to six studentship awards. Awards will be granted to student researchers from Alberta Institutes.
The Lung Association, Alberta & NWT offers Studentship Awards on an annual basis to qualified graduate students who are undertaking full-time research training related to lung health and biology leading towards an MSc or PhD.
Awards are available on an annual basis to qualified graduate students who are undertaking full-time training in research related to lung health and biology leading to a M.Sc. or Ph. D degree.
- Internal Deadline: March 28
- Agency Deadline: March 30
- Two awards of $11,500 are available
- Be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada,
- Be attending a post-secondary institution in Alberta,
- Be enrolled full-time in their final year of study in a diploma, undergraduate degree or graduate level program,
- Be enrolled in a program of study relevant to oil sands technology development from mine or reservoir to tailings and remediation such as but not limited to Natural or Biological Sciences and Engineering, and
- Achieve a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 grade point scale.
- Submit complete, hard copy, application to the Graduate Award Advisor. All applications will be scanned and then forwarded to The Lung Association for their deadline requirements.
- Please leave the "Grant funds to be remitted" section blank, this will be completed in our office.
- Application and guidelines are available on The Lung Association website.
These studentship awards are designed to provide partial support and may be supplemented by awards from other agencies; the total amount of awards from all external sources must not exceed $20,000. Holders of other full-time, major studentship awards (eg. CIHR , NSERC, AHFMR, etc.) are ineligible for TLA Studentship awards.