Bertram Doctoral Scholarship
NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (May 21, 2018)
In recognition of the growing importance of good governance to all Canadian institutions, the Canadian Foundation for Governance Research is offering up to three annual Bertram Scholarships of $15,000 to PhD students registered at Canadian universities. The scholarship will support the work of students who are conducting research into governance as part of their doctoral research project.
Internal Deadline: May 21
Agency Deadline May 22
- FT enrollment in PhD program
- have not exceeded 48months in program
To qualify for the scholarship, the doctoral research project should focus on a topic directly related to governance, including for example
- The importance of governance in enabling effective decision-making towards positive organizational or societal impacts;
- Governance issues of interest to Canadian boards of public, private, government-agency and not-for-profit organizations;
- Governance best practices through the Canadian perspective.
Complete application instructions & forms are located on the Canadian Foundation for Governance Research website.
Please submit completed application to the SGS Awards Advisor by the internal deadline in order to recieve the required letter of support from the institution.