In recognition of the growing importance of good governance to all Canadian institutions, the Canadian Foundation for Governance Research is offering up to three annual Bertram Scholarships of $15,000 to PhD students registered at Canadian universities. The scholarship will support the work of students who are conducting research into governance as part of their doctoral research project.
Internal Deadline: May 22
Agency Deadline May 24
Please submit completed application to the SGS Awards Advisor by the internal deadline in order to recieve the required letter of support from the institution.
- FT enrollment in PhD program
- have not exceeded 48months in program
To qualify for the scholarship, the doctoral research project should focus on a topic directly related to governance, including for example (for further examples visit their website linked below)
- The importance of effective boards in enabling good decision-making and improved functioning of Canadian institutions;
- Governance issues of interest to Canadian boards of public, private, government-agency and not-for-profit organizations;
- The role of corporate governance in enabling positive societal impacts;
- Governance best practices through the Canadian perspective.
Complete application instructions & forms are located on the Canadian Foundation for Governance Research website. Submit the completed application to the Award Advisor in the SGS office to obtain the final letter of support. The Award Advisor will then forward your application package to the agency.