NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (February 26, 2018)
The Nadene M Thomas Graduate Research Bursaryis offered annually to a member of the Alberta Teachers’ Association who is enrolled in a graduate program in a specialty in education at a recognized Canadian university.
- Internal Deadline: Feb. 26
- Agency Deadline: Feb. 28
- Hold a permanent Alberta teaching certificate and have completed at least five years of successful teaching in Alberta.
- At the time of application, be at the highest level of membership possible (active, if the applicant is eligible for active membership, or associate, if the applicant does not qualify for active membership) and have been at the highest possible level of membership for at least five years.
- Be registered as a graduate student in a specialty in education at a recognized Canadian university.
- Intend to continue a career in education in the Alberta K–12 public education system.
- Research must focus on health issues affecting teacher and/or teachers’ working conditions.
- Not have received an Association Fellowship or a Nadene M Thomas Graduate Research Bursary in the past.
- Be an Association member in good standing.
Submit complete applications to the SGS Award Advisor by the internal deadline; Instructions and application forms are available on the ATA Nadene M Thomas Graduate Research Bursary website.