NOTE: The deadline for this award has passed (February 28, 2019)
Each year, the Association awards two fellowships to ATA members who are entering, or in the first year of full-time study (as defined by the institution) in a doctoral program in education at a recognized Alberta public university. The fellowship program is intended to recognize academic excellence and to help defray the financial costs of university study.
If an appropriate doctoral program does not exist in Alberta, the applicant may be entering or in his or her first year of study in a doctoral program in education in a recognized public Canadian university. To be considered for this exception the applicant must provide formal documentation to prove that there is no similar program available in Alberta.
- Internal Deadline: NA
- Agency Deadline: Feb. 28
- Hold a permanent Alberta teaching certificate and have completed at least five years of successful teaching in Alberta.
- At the time of application, be at the highest level of membership possible (active, if the applicant is eligible for active membership, or associate, if the applicant does not qualify for active membership) and have been at the highest possible level of membership for at least five years.
- Be entering or in his or her first year of full-time study in a doctoral program in education at a recognized Alberta public university.
- Intend to continue a career in education in the Alberta K–12 public education system.
- Not have received an Association Fellowship in the past.
- Be an Association member in good standing.