Iniskim Education Committee
Members of the Iniskim Education Committee are governed by the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education Policy, they abide by the Blackfoot and First Nations Metis and Inuit Protocol Handbook and the following powers and duties indicated within the GFC Bylaws:
- Realize and overarching strategy that both commits and guides the university in First Nations, Metis and Inuit related matters.
- Guide and assist in the implementation of the principle objectives of the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education policy.
- Facilitate, communicate and provide assistance with the coordination of First Nations, Metis and Inuit related programs, research and creative activity, supports and initiatives across campus.
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize available information and opinion in order to provide recommendations on updating and, amending policy content and implementation strategies.
- Disseminate information regarding the Iniskim (Aboriginal) Education Policy to ensure the university community is aware of and understands the policy and related procedures.
- Liaise with internal and external groups and communities working in First Nations, Metis and Inuit areas.
- If deemed necessary, establish working groups or sub-committees to address specific issues.
- Establish and periodically review terms of reference for the Iniskim Education Committee.
- Prepare an annual report on its activties to be submitted to General Faculties Council.
Article on the History and Role of the Aboriginal Eduation Committee.
- January 31, 2018 2-4pm
- March 21, 2018 1-3pm
- April 24, 2018 1-3pm
- June 25, 2018 10am-12pm