Members of the GFC Academic Quality Assurance Committee are governed by the following powers and duties:
- Select academic programs, academic units, academic support units, and Type A research Centres and Institutes to be reviewed using the Academic Quality Assurance Policy and Process.
- Facilitate the review process to ensure it is proceeding according to the Academic Quality Assurance Policy and Process. This includes orienting and advising review personnel, and monitoring and managing the progress of reviews.
- Receive and evaluate all documents produced for review processes, returning documents when revision is required and approving documents when they are complete.
- Disseminate the results of quality assurance reviews when they are completed and approved.
- Report annually to Council on the reviews undertaken and in progress and any issues arising from the review process.
- At least once every seven years, conduct a review of the Academic Quality Assurance Policy and Process, and take action in accordance with the recommendations that emerge from this review.
For further information, please see the Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)