General Faculties Council Bylaws
The primary role of General Faculties Council is to be responsible for the academic affairs of the University, subject to the authority of the Board, in accordance with Section 26 of the Post-Secondary Learning Act.
The following information is an unofficial summary of approved GFC Bylaw revisions.
- Standing Committee Updates were approved at GFC on December 11, 2017.
- School of Liberal Education membership added at GFC on November 6, 2017.
- Travel Committee was amended at GFC on December 14, 2015.
- Admission Standards Committee was amended at GFC on April 13, 2015.
- Associate University Librarian Committee was amended at GFC on February 2, 2015.
- Duties of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Parliamentarian, Recording Secretary, and meetings were amended on December 8, 2014.
- Admission Standards Committee was amended at GFC on October 6, 2014.
- Bylaws were updated to reflect the introduction of the instructor category in the Faculty Handbook at GFC on March 3, 2014.
- Student Awards Committee was amended and the Honorary Degree Committee was dissolved on October 7, 2013.
- Academic Quality Assurance Committee was amended at GFC on September 9, 2013.
- Standing Committee amendments were approved at GFC on April 8, 2013.
- Aboriginal Education and Curriculum Coordinating Committee were amended at GFC on February 4, 2013.
- Aboriginal Education Committee was approved at GFC on December 10, 2012.
- Executive and Convocation Committee were amended at GFC on May 7, 2012.
- Amendments to Part 1,B (16) and Part 2,E (5) were approved at GFC on December 12, 2011.
- Revisions to Parts 4, 5, and 6 were approved at GFC on November 7, 2011.
- Amendments to Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the GFC Bylaws were approved at GFC on April 4, 2011.