Requesting Legal Services


Legal services for administrative units/departments/faculties may be requested by the Senior Administrator (as identified in the University's Designation of Senior Administration Policy) responsible for that area. Senior Administrators are generally in the best position to know when legal advice should be sought. Often when a faculty or staff member has a legal question, the Associate Vice-President/Dean/Executive Director may have the answer if advice has already been sought on the particular issue.

The Senior Administrators designated in the policy are:

  • President

  • Vice-Presidents

  • Associate Vice-Presidents

  • Deans/University Librarian

  • Associate Deans/Associate University Librarians

  • Registrar

  • Executive Directors

For legal services requests

Complete and submit the Request for Legal Services Form (at left), including any pertinent background information (such as the policy, communication, or type of situation) about which you are inquiring.

For contract review requests

Complete and submit the Request for Contract Review (at left), including all referenced and supporting documentation.

For CASL (Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation)

Email us at

For FOIP (Alberta's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act)

Email us at

Requests for legal services are processed in the order they are received.