The Faculty of Fine Arts often receives alerts and requests by businesses, clubs, and other organizations seeking students for both employment and volunteer opportunities. Check back to this page often - it will be updated throughout the year with each new opportunity as we receive it.
Please note - these opportunities will only be posted for the length of time they will be accepting applications. If an opportunity is no longer listed, it's no longer available.
If you have an opportunity that is open to our Fine Arts students, please forward the details to email@example.com
- Permanent Volunteer Posting
In 2014, the Galt Museum and Archives welcome 45,779 visitors through the doors of the old Galt Hospital. Of these visitors, 3125 of them came in to view the coulees or to check out the new items in the Museum Store.
Without the help of volunteers, the Galt couldn’t reach as many visitors as we do! The Museum Store utilized 18 volunteers in 2014 who contributed a combined 167 hours. We couldn’t do the things we do without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers!
Now, this is where you come in! We are looking for positive and upbeat volunteers to join our Visitor Services crew! We’re going to need your help assisting customers in the Museum Store and providing basic interpretation of the Galt grounds and exhibit. Other tasks may include completing Visitor Surveys, answering phones, assisting with inventory, stocking shelves and more! We’re hoping that with your help, the Museum Store will continue to grow and strive!
If you like what you hear, have any questions, or would like a little more information, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Chris Roedler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (403) 320-4219. And don’t you worry, any training will be provided. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- SICI Grant Opportunities
Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy (SSTSG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/shastri-scholar-travel-subsidy-grant-sstsg/
Shastri Research Grant (SRG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/Shastri-Research-Grant/
Shastri Faculty Training and Internationalization Grant (SFTIG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/faculty-training-and-internationalization-program-fti-2017-18/
Shastri Membership Development Fund (SMDF): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/SICI-Membership-Development-Fund-2017-18/
- Kids Cancer Cares 2018 Summer Camp Volunteek Opportunities: Kids Cancer Care is a charitable foundation dedicated to helping families affected by childhood cancer. We offer free weekend and summer camps to kids across Alberta, including a camp in Edmonton, so they have a chance to escape the rigours of cancer treatment for outdoor fun and adventure. This is a great way for students to earn extra volunteer hours and gain experience interacting with kids of all ages and walks of life who have been affected by childhood cancer. Please visit the website for more information on the foundation: www.kidscancercare.ab.ca
- Do you want to write about Movies, TV, Anime, Art, Comics, Games, Literature or other art forms? Do you want to get your foot in the door and enter the big-wide world of the online media and have your work read and shared by millions of readers? We invite you to The Artifice: http://www.the-artifice.com. The Artifice is an online magazine that covers a wide spectrum of art forms. The Artifice is collaboratively built and maintained by your fellow writers. It is structured to let you focus on the quality of the content while it deals with the exposure of it to an audience of millions. Our current writers range from undergraduates, to graduates, to emeritus professors and a bit of everyone in between. Grab the opportunity and join our team of writers. Join now: http://the-artifice.com/write/
- Mural project! St. Therese Villa is looking for student volunteers to paint a pastoral mural on one or more of the walls in their dementia unit. If anyone would like to step forward as an individual or as a group, please contact Christey-Ann directly at email@example.com Please note that artists will need to provide some examples of their past work. Also, sketches of the proposed murals and an estimated supplies budget would be expected prior to the project’s start.
Good Samaritan Park Meadows Village and Cottages is a Supportive Living environment that houses 76 residents living with dementia. In an effort to create a friendlier environment for our dementia residents, staff at the care home are looking at how painting doorways can help. Currently, each doorway is exactly the same and it is our hope that by creating a special doorway for each resident it will help them identify their room and make the area more visually pleasing. If you are interested in Art Therapy, this would be an excellent way to be introduced to an area where therapies are used daily. To find out more about this project, or to volunteer as part of the applied studies program, please contact Leslie Jastrau at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 403-328-9404 Ext. 53228 or register at www.gss.org.
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. For more info on the space or to contact us check out: theportyql.com Email: email@example.com Phone: 403-894-3150
The Emerging Digital Artists Award (EDAA), organized by EQ Bank and Trinity Square Video, is now accepting applications to its 2018 program. The award is designed to foster experimentation in the work of early career artists and create opportunities for those working in digital media. GIFs, video, websites, and apps are all eligible for consideration.This year, the program welcomes Scott Benesiinaabandan, Tobias Williams, and Yifat Shaik as its external judges, who will review artists’ applications with EQ Bank’s Lindsay LeBlanc and Trinity Square Video’s Emily Fitzpatrick. The judges evaluate submissions under four key categories: relevance or relationship to the digital, technique, aesthetics, and a written statement. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2018. Once five finalists are selected, their works will be exhibited at Trinity Square Video in Toronto, this fall, with the announcement of the winner in early October. The winner receives $5,000, a membership to Trinity Square Video, and a reserved space in the artist-run centre’s Themed Commission program. Each remaining finalist receives $1,000. Find out more information on the program and eligibility at https://edaa.eqbank.ca/. Questions about the EDAA can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 16, 2018, will mark the 38thyear that Lethbridge will participate in the Terry Fox Community Run, held at the Kiwanis Picnic Shelter in Henderson Lake Park. The Terry Fox Run is unique in that it is entirely volunteer driven. There is no participant registration fee, minimum pledge, or corporate sponsorship associated with this event. As of 2017, Lethbridge has raised $351,003.50 through the annual Terry Fox Community Runs to continue The Terry Fox Legacy. Without the help of volunteers, the Terry Fox Community Run would not be possible. We are looking for people to donate their time as face painters for the duration of the event on September 16. This is a fantastic opportunity for students looking to gain experience with children and showcase their creativity. With the help of volunteers, the Terry Fox Run will continue to grow and raise money for cancer research. If you have any questions, or would like a little more information, please contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
An exciting opportunity for students to showcase their work to wider audiences, as entries for the Aesthetica Art Prize are open! Hosted by the international art and culture publication Aesthetica Magazine, the Art Prize aims to support innovative practice across a range of media. Providing a platform for students to showcase their work to international audiences, the Prize nurtures and supports new talent. Furthering the career of many artists, the Prize is an opportunity for students to gain further exposure through publication in the inspiring Future Now: 100 Contemporary Artists Anthology and to exhibit their work at the Aesthetica Art Prize Exhibition, hosted in the historic city of York, UK. The winners are also presented with a £5,000 cash prize, editorial coverage in Aesthetica Magazine, art supply vouchers courtesy of Winsor & Newton, and a selection of art books courtesy of Prestel. Please note that submissions close 31 August.
- Local independent film company CASTING CALL! Little Piggy Films is based out of Claresholm and has 90 minute film 'Kate and Lesley' that has been funded. The film will be filmed over 5 weekends Saturday/Sunday in late August and September. Deadline to apply is Monday June 11th. They are also looking for two camera/camera operators and sound/sound engineers as crew. All cast and crew will have all meals provided during filming and hotel accommodation provided if required, as yet it is a volunteer position. All participants will get a credit on the film and a copy of the film once completed. If interested, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Any actors need to send a head shot and a brief resume.
- FREE - MUSIC SCORES: Beethoven pocket score Piano Concerto #5 Beethoven pocket score Symphony #7 Mozart Magic Flute. Hardcover score Bach. B Minor Mass hard cover Verdi. Don Carlos. Hard cover. Call 403-394-2146 to arrange pick up
- Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join! Visit the following links for more information or email Christine Rogers at email@example.com
- Kaleidoscope 2018 call for scores application deadline this Friday June 15! Application instructions, our application form, and frequently asked questions can be found at: www.kco.la/cfs
The Emerging Digital Artists Award (EDAA), organized by EQ Bank and Trinity Square Video, is now accepting applications to its 2018 program. The award is designed to foster experimentation in the work of early career artists and create opportunities for those working in digital media. GIFs, video, websites, and apps are all eligible for consideration. This year, the program welcomes Scott Benesiinaabandan, Tobias Williams, and Yifat Shaik as its external judges, who will review artists’ applications with EQ Bank’s Lindsay LeBlanc and Trinity Square Video’s Emily Fitzpatrick. The judges evaluate submissions under four key categories: relevance or relationship to the digital, technique, aesthetics, and a written statement. Applications will be accepted until June 15, 2018. Once five finalists are selected, their works will be exhibited at Trinity Square Video in Toronto, this fall, with the announcement of the winner in early October. The winner receives $5,000, a membership to Trinity Square Video, and a reserved space in the artist-run centre’s Themed Commission program. Each remaining finalist receives $1,000. Find out more information on the program and eligibility at https://edaa.eqbank.ca/. Questions about the EDAA can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.