The Faculty of Fine Arts often receives alerts and requests by businesses, clubs, and other organizations seeking students for both employment and volunteer opportunities. Check back to this page often - it will be updated throughout the year with each new opportunity as we receive it.
Please note - these opportunities will only be posted for the length of time they will be accepting applications. If an opportunity is no longer listed, it's no longer available.
If you have an opportunity that is open to our Fine Arts students, please forward the details to email@example.com
- Permanent Volunteer Posting
In 2014, the Galt Museum and Archives welcome 45,779 visitors through the doors of the old Galt Hospital. Of these visitors, 3125 of them came in to view the coulees or to check out the new items in the Museum Store.
Without the help of volunteers, the Galt couldn’t reach as many visitors as we do! The Museum Store utilized 18 volunteers in 2014 who contributed a combined 167 hours. We couldn’t do the things we do without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers!
Now, this is where you come in! We are looking for positive and upbeat volunteers to join our Visitor Services crew! We’re going to need your help assisting customers in the Museum Store and providing basic interpretation of the Galt grounds and exhibit. Other tasks may include completing Visitor Surveys, answering phones, assisting with inventory, stocking shelves and more! We’re hoping that with your help, the Museum Store will continue to grow and strive!
If you like what you hear, have any questions, or would like a little more information, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Chris Roedler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (403) 320-4219. And don’t you worry, any training will be provided. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- SICI Grant Opportunities
Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy (SSTSG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/shastri-scholar-travel-subsidy-grant-sstsg/
Shastri Research Grant (SRG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/Shastri-Research-Grant/
Shastri Faculty Training and Internationalization Grant (SFTIG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/faculty-training-and-internationalization-program-fti-2017-18/
Shastri Membership Development Fund (SMDF): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/SICI-Membership-Development-Fund-2017-18/
- Kids Cancer Cares 2018 Summer Camp Volunteek Opportunities: Kids Cancer Care is a charitable foundation dedicated to helping families affected by childhood cancer. We offer free weekend and summer camps to kids across Alberta, including a camp in Edmonton, so they have a chance to escape the rigours of cancer treatment for outdoor fun and adventure. This is a great way for students to earn extra volunteer hours and gain experience interacting with kids of all ages and walks of life who have been affected by childhood cancer. Please visit the website for more information on the foundation: www.kidscancercare.ab.ca
- Mural project! St. Therese Villa is looking for student volunteers to paint a pastoral mural on one or more of the walls in their dementia unit. If anyone would like to step forward as an individual or as a group, please contact Christey-Ann directly at email@example.com Please note that artists will need to provide some examples of their past work. Also, sketches of the proposed murals and an estimated supplies budget would be expected prior to the project’s start.
Good Samaritan Park Meadows Village and Cottages is a Supportive Living environment that houses 76 residents living with dementia. In an effort to create a friendlier environment for our dementia residents, staff at the care home are looking at how painting doorways can help. Currently, each doorway is exactly the same and it is our hope that by creating a special doorway for each resident it will help them identify their room and make the area more visually pleasing. If you are interested in Art Therapy, this would be an excellent way to be introduced to an area where therapies are used daily. To find out more about this project, or to volunteer as part of the applied studies program, please contact Leslie Jastrau at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 403-328-9404 Ext. 53228 or register at www.gss.org.
- Public Art Call - The City of Lethbridge Art Committee is seeking an Artist to design and fabricate a sculpture to be installed at the NW corner of 5th St (Round Street) and 6th Ave S. The intent of the project is to provide a permanent piece of public art that reflects the unique environment, history and culture of the Downtown. The competition is open to qualified Canadian professional visual artists as defined by the Canada Council for the Arts. Stage I submission date is March 10, 2018. For further details please visit: https://lethbridge.bidsandtenders.ca/Module/Tenders/en/Home/BidsHomepage
The Works International Visual Arts Society is now accepting applications for: The Works to Work Program – paid summer work-study internships (Edmonton, AB) Deadline for applications: March 15, 2018 Term: Full time from May - late summer, 2018. Works to Work is a one-of-a-kind leadership and professional development program designed for emerging arts professionals. Participants complete in-class modules while also working to deliver The Works Art & Design Festival in downtown Edmonton. The Works is currently looking for hardworking, enthusiastic individuals to join the team for summer 2018! For more information on the Festival visit our website: www.theworks.ab.ca Questions? Email: email@example.com
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. For more info on the space or to contact us check out: theportyql.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 403-894-3150
- Life Drawing Models needed! Interested in a job that isn’t picky about a dress code? The U of L Art Department is seeking models for painting and drawing from life (sometimes even sculpting) for the 2017-2018 academic year. Casual hours (weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings), $18/hour payment, and no experience required. Please note – ALL BODY TYPES NEEDED (all piercings, tattoos, all sizes, shapes, and all abilities are welcome). Contact Shawn Coburn (email@example.com, 403-394-3997, or in person in W660) to apply.
- Trap/door and Lethbridge Pride Fest Call for Submissions: Please see attachment.
- Alberta Playwrights’ Network’s YOUth Riot – is a FREE opportunity for Calgary’s Queer youth to rise against the status quo and learn to share their voices through the art of theatre! Over the course of 3 months, Alberta Playwrights’ Network and guest artists will facilitate a playwriting program for Queer teens, helping them tell their stories through the medium of 10-minute text for performance. Designed to ignite creativity in teens, YOUth Riot provides valuable tools to foster confidence, acceptance, and positive self-image through workshops, mentorship, and skill-building sessions. Although the program is free, students will need to apply to get through! To APPLY, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before February 4th at Midnight! For more information please see attachment.
- The KMAC Group is looking for individuals with an acting background/experience to help role out a national demo in Costco’s across Canada. Program Details: $17.00 per hour/ 10am - 5pm shifts Program dates: Feb 17-18 & 24-25, March 3-4, 17-18 (working all shifts is ideal) at a Costco location near you. Requirements include: acting background/experience, ability to speak to groups, reliable, excellent customer service. If you are interested in this position, please send in your resume to email@example.com
Opera NUOVA is seeking to fill numerous Work-Study positions for the 2018 NUOVA Opera & Music Theatre Festival including STAGE MANAGERS, ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, STAGE CARPENTERS, PROPERTIES MASTER and ASSISTANT DESIGNER /SCENIC PAINTER. The Festival runs May 19 – June 30, 2018 and the positions will begin on May 7 for the Assistant Technical Director, Stage Carpenters and Scenic Painter/Designer; on May 14 for 2 Stage Managers and Props Master; and on May 21 for 2 Stage Managers. Each position will be paid the equivalent of $15-16/hour with the expectation of 40 hours per week. The mainstage productions for this year’s festival include Tartuffe (operetta), City Workers in Love (opera), Die Zauberflöte (opera), Master Class (play) and Into the Woods (musical). Funding for these positions is made possible by the Canada Summer Jobs grant and applicants must be returning students. Closing Date: February 5, 2018. Please read more in attached PDF or visit http://operanuova.ca/opera-training/work-study-stage-managers-craftpersons
- HANDEL's MESSIAH
- Would you be interested in participating in a church and community production of Handel's Messiah for Easter? We are looking for violin, viola, cello and percussion. The production is in Lethbridge Saturday March 24th. It is an event to benefit the community and celebrate Easter and the orchestra and choir will be made up of volunteers, but clearly will require skilled musicians. Please contact Wayne Burton (firstname.lastname@example.org) by February 12th if possible.
- FREE - MUSIC SCORES
- Beethoven pocket score Piano Concerto #5 Beethoven pocket score Symphony #7 Mozart Magic Flute. Hardcover score Bach. B Minor Mass hard cover Verdi. Don Carlos. Hard cover
Call 403-394-2146 to arrange pick up
- Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join! Visit the following links for more information or email Christine Rogers at email@example.com