The Faculty of Fine Arts often receives alerts and requests by businesses, clubs, and other organizations seeking students for both employment and volunteer opportunities. Check back to this page often - it will be updated throughout the year with each new opportunity as we receive it.
Please note - these opportunities will only be posted for the length of time they will be accepting applications. If an opportunity is no longer listed, it's no longer available.
If you have an opportunity that is open to our Fine Arts students, please forward the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permanent Volunteer Posting
In 2014, the Galt Museum and Archives welcome 45,779 visitors through the doors of the old Galt Hospital. Of these visitors, 3125 of them came in to view the coulees or to check out the new items in the Museum Store.
Without the help of volunteers, the Galt couldn’t reach as many visitors as we do! The Museum Store utilized 18 volunteers in 2014 who contributed a combined 167 hours. We couldn’t do the things we do without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers!
Now, this is where you come in! We are looking for positive and upbeat volunteers to join our Visitor Services crew! We’re going to need your help assisting customers in the Museum Store and providing basic interpretation of the Galt grounds and exhibit. Other tasks may include completing Visitor Surveys, answering phones, assisting with inventory, stocking shelves and more! We’re hoping that with your help, the Museum Store will continue to grow and strive!
If you like what you hear, have any questions, or would like a little more information, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Chris Roedler, at email@example.com or at (403) 320-4219. And don’t you worry, any training will be provided. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- SICI Grant Opportunities
Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy (SSTSG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/shastri-scholar-travel-subsidy-grant-sstsg/
Shastri Research Grant (SRG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/Shastri-Research-Grant/
Shastri Faculty Training and Internationalization Grant (SFTIG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/faculty-training-and-internationalization-program-fti-2017-18/
Shastri Membership Development Fund (SMDF): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/SICI-Membership-Development-Fund-2017-18/
- Kids Cancer Cares 2018 Summer Camp Volunteek Opportunities: Kids Cancer Care is a charitable foundation dedicated to helping families affected by childhood cancer. We offer free weekend and summer camps to kids across Alberta, including a camp in Edmonton, so they have a chance to escape the rigours of cancer treatment for outdoor fun and adventure. This is a great way for students to earn extra volunteer hours and gain experience interacting with kids of all ages and walks of life who have been affected by childhood cancer. Please visit the website for more information on the foundation: www.kidscancercare.ab.ca
- Do you want to write about Movies, TV, Anime, Art, Comics, Games, Literature or other art forms? Do you want to get your foot in the door and enter the big-wide world of the online media and have your work read and shared by millions of readers? We invite you to The Artifice: http://www.the-artifice.com. The Artifice is an online magazine that covers a wide spectrum of art forms. The Artifice is collaboratively built and maintained by your fellow writers. It is structured to let you focus on the quality of the content while it deals with the exposure of it to an audience of millions. Our current writers range from undergraduates, to graduates, to emeritus professors and a bit of everyone in between. Grab the opportunity and join our team of writers. Join now: http://the-artifice.com/write/
- Mural project! St. Therese Villa is looking for student volunteers to paint a pastoral mural on one or more of the walls in their dementia unit. If anyone would like to step forward as an individual or as a group, please contact Christey-Ann directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that artists will need to provide some examples of their past work. Also, sketches of the proposed murals and an estimated supplies budget would be expected prior to the project’s start.
Good Samaritan Park Meadows Village and Cottages is a Supportive Living environment that houses 76 residents living with dementia. In an effort to create a friendlier environment for our dementia residents, staff at the care home are looking at how painting doorways can help. Currently, each doorway is exactly the same and it is our hope that by creating a special doorway for each resident it will help them identify their room and make the area more visually pleasing. If you are interested in Art Therapy, this would be an excellent way to be introduced to an area where therapies are used daily. To find out more about this project, or to volunteer as part of the applied studies program, please contact Leslie Jastrau at email@example.com or at 403-328-9404 Ext. 53228 or register at www.gss.org.
Display Opportunity for Local Artists! Showcase your work at The Port Coworking Space! Located in the heart of Downtown Lethbridge, The Port provides a venue for local artists to share their work in a creative, collaborative, shared work space. This is a great opportunity to get some exposure and make connections with the Lethbridge business community. We take no commission if someone wants to purchase. We're all about supporting local and making connections. For more info on the space or to contact us check out: theportyql.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 403-894-3150
- FREE - MUSIC SCORES
- Beethoven pocket score Piano Concerto #5 Beethoven pocket score Symphony #7 Mozart Magic Flute. Hardcover score Bach. B Minor Mass hard cover Verdi. Don Carlos. Hard cover
Call 403-394-2146 to arrange pick up
- Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join! Visit the following links for more information or email Christine Rogers at email@example.com
Lethbridge College - Photographer: Lethbridge College is looking for student volunteer photographers to shoot their annual fashion show on April 21st.
Please contact Brenda Brandley at 403-320-3202 Ext. 5370, or firstname.lastname@example.org