The Faculty of Fine Arts often receives alerts and requests by businesses, clubs, and other organizations seeking students for both employment and volunteer opportunities. Check back to this page often - it will be updated throughout the year with each new opportunity as we receive it.
Please note - these opportunities will only be posted for the length of time they will be accepting applications. If an opportunity is no longer listed, it's no longer available.
If you have an opportunity that is open to our Fine Arts students, please forward the details to email@example.com
- Permanent Volunteer Posting
In 2014, the Galt Museum and Archives welcome 45,779 visitors through the doors of the old Galt Hospital. Of these visitors, 3125 of them came in to view the coulees or to check out the new items in the Museum Store.
Without the help of volunteers, the Galt couldn’t reach as many visitors as we do! The Museum Store utilized 18 volunteers in 2014 who contributed a combined 167 hours. We couldn’t do the things we do without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers!
Now, this is where you come in! We are looking for positive and upbeat volunteers to join our Visitor Services crew! We’re going to need your help assisting customers in the Museum Store and providing basic interpretation of the Galt grounds and exhibit. Other tasks may include completing Visitor Surveys, answering phones, assisting with inventory, stocking shelves and more! We’re hoping that with your help, the Museum Store will continue to grow and strive!
If you like what you hear, have any questions, or would like a little more information, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Chris Roedler, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (403) 320-4219. And don’t you worry, any training will be provided. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- SICI Grant Opportunities
Shastri Scholar Travel Subsidy (SSTSG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/shastri-scholar-travel-subsidy-grant-sstsg/
Shastri Research Grant (SRG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/Shastri-Research-Grant/
Shastri Faculty Training and Internationalization Grant (SFTIG): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/faculty-training-and-internationalization-program-fti-2017-18/
Shastri Membership Development Fund (SMDF): http://www.sici.org/programmes/details/SICI-Membership-Development-Fund-2017-18/
- Mural project! St. Therese Villa is looking for student volunteers to paint a pastoral mural on one or more of the walls in their dementia unit. If anyone would like to step forward as an individual or as a group, please contact Christey-Ann directly at email@example.com Please note that artists will need to provide some examples of their past work. Also, sketches of the proposed murals and an estimated supplies budget would be expected prior to the project’s start.
- Call for Artists - display locally! The Port Co-Working Space is running a program for local artists to come in and display and sell their work on their walls to their Members (local entrepreneurs and small business owners). Displays will run on a one or two-month basis. Small sculptures, jewellry work, and 2D art can be accommodated. They take no commission; they just want to provide a space for artists to display their work. Please contact Karla with portfolio examples at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life Drawing Models needed! Interested in a job that isn’t picky about a dress code? The U of L Art Department is seeking models for painting and drawing from life (sometimes even sculpting) for the 2017-2018 academic year. Casual hours (weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings), $18/hour payment, and no experience required. Please note – ALL BODY TYPES NEEDED (all piercings, tattoos, all sizes, shapes, and all abilities are welcome). Contact Shawn McNamara (email@example.com, 403-394-3997, or in person in W660) to apply.
- The Southern Alerta Art Gallery Presents: Contemporary Art Writing Workshop - Dec 9th, from 11AM to 2PM. Registration Deadline is December 8th. Please see attachment.
- Trap/door and Lethbridge Pride Fest Call for Submissions: Please see attachment.
- FREE - MUSIC SCORES
- Beethoven pocket score Piano Concerto #5 Beethoven pocket score Symphony #7 Mozart Magic Flute. Hardcover score Bach. B Minor Mass hard cover Verdi. Don Carlos. Hard cover
Call 403-394-2146 to arrange pick up
- Are you teaching private music lessons or interested in becoming a private studio teacher? Why not consider joining ARMTA, the Alberta Registered Music Teachers’ Association? There are many benefits for teachers and their students including professional development, regular recitals, advertising, liability insurance and opportunities to share with and gather information from other teachers in a supportive environment. Teachers of all instruments are welcome to join! Visit the following links for more information or email Christine Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org