Process for Schools
- Sign-up your school to participate
- Determine as a school who will be be the contact teacher for your school.
- Sign-up opens September 1, 2019 and will remain open for a year to inform schools of the new process.
- School teachers need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- School name
- Contact teacher name and email address
- Confirm attendence for Teacher/Faculty Round-Table Session
- Review with students workshop opportunities and registration process and date
- Student Registration opens: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:00AM
- Students register themselves for the workshops they plan to attend. Students will register for one workshop for each time block. They will also need to register for "LUNCH" session (no lunch provided, just a place holder) to finalize their registration.
- Each school's contact teacher will be provided a student registration report prior to event (unregistered students can be reminded to register).
- Student registration will remain open until the day of the event, though some spaces may be filled by that time.
- Attend event and review schedule, parking restrictions and Authorization & Safety Form requirements.
- After the event, submit Transportation Subsidy form with receipt of paid travel costs.
Schedule of Events
Information Centre Opens
|9:00 AM||Welcome Keynote
Welcome Keynote in the University Theatre to kick off the day in style.
|9:30 AM to 3:00 PM||
|10:30 AM to 11:30 AM||
NEW: Teacher/Faculty Round-Table
This session invites high school teachers to meet with Faculty of Fine Arts faculty and instructors to discuss opportunities for students, challenges in an evolving education environment, and to establish collaborative relationships to support students and better learning in the fine arts.
The University will not be providing lunch to participants, but there will be places to purchase a lunch while on campus:
- Urban Market
- Tim Hortons
There will be seating provided for students in the University Atrium to eat lunches that they purchase or bring.