Prior to ordering, purchasing or negotiating the purchase of goods or services, here are some things you need to consider:
- Approval and Signing Authorization Policy
- Contracts - Approval and Signing Authority Policy
- Do you have authorization from the department / faculty to transact?
- Is there budget available for the purchase?
Prior to submitting documents for payment, the following considerations need to be met:
- There is budget available.
- An authorized signing authority for the account has signed to approve the expense.
- The expenses are for University business.
- The invoice is named to the University of Lethbridge.
- The invoice is accurate.
- The proper account number has been included (fund-organization-account-program-activity).
There are various methods to paying for goods or services acquired by your department or faculty.