Facilities -  Campus Mobility Services

Turcotte Hall Level 1 TH101
4401 University Drive
Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 3M4
Administration Phone:
(403) 329-2602


Fax: (403) 329-2621

In the event of an emergency, call 911 and Security Services at 403-329-2345


  • Student, Faculty & Staff Parking

    Faculty, staff and Students may purchase a general parking permit in any available permit parking lot on campus, except those areas reserved for resident students. Employees have the option of purchasing their permit through payroll deduction. Payroll deduction applications normally processed online are temporarily unavailable. Please contact Campus Mobility Services at 403-329-2602 for assistance.

    Instructions for how to purchase a parking permit online:


    Visitor and short term parking is provided but availability is limited and time sensitive in each of the parking lots around campus. Parking is provided in Pay and Display permit parking areas.

    Customers may purchase pay and display permits using coins or credit cards (not prepaid or debit credit cards) or through the use of the HONK mobile phone app.  Depending on which Parking lot is selected parking can be for time periods of 1 hour to all day. Rates are $2.00 per hour with the exception of Lot N where parking can be acquired for a $1.50 per hour up to a maximum of $10.00 for a full day of parking.  Pay and display parking is available in the following lots.

    When parking in a short term parking, please ensure that you park in a designated parking stall first before completing your purchase using  Pay and display or the Honk mobile app.

    • Lot D and H - 1 hour minimum-1 hour maximum
    • Lot C - 1 hour Minimum - 4 hour maximum
    • Lot G  - 1 hour minimum-2 hour maximum
    • Lot N (north end)  - 1 hour minimum-all day maximum
    • Pay and display parking is allowed in the north end of N lot only. All pay and display parking areas are marked with blue "Visitor Parking" signs  and blue lines outlining the stalls.


    Depending on the nature of your visit or frequency of visits to campus, Consultants and/or Contractors requiring parking on campus have the option to use Pay & Park lots, or purchase daily, weekly, or annual Contractor permits directly from Parking Services. Purchases are invoiced to your business only, no cash payments are accepted


    Consultants and/or Contractors working under the authority of the Facilities department requiring parking on campus are required to report to their Facilities contact (i.e. Facilities Manager, Project Manager) to purchase their parking permit. These permitsmust be pre-arranged by the Facilities Contact and will be invoiced to your business by Parking Services. Parking permits are only valid for the duration of work.

  • Parking Services operates as a full cost recovery operation under the Executive Director, Facilities. Revenue to support the department is primarily generated through parking fees, which are tied to the reinvestment for future capital improvement services, repairs and maintenance to existing parking facilities and the purchase of services required to operate the parking system. Current rates are located here:

  •  Lot Q permits will be available again for the 2017/2018 school year; eligibility for this permit is restricted to students only.

    Permits are non-refundable, and non-transferrable.   




  • Where is the Campus Mobility Services office located?

    Campus Mobility Services is located in Turcotte Hall, Level 1 TH101

    The mailing address is:

    4401 University Drive

    Lethbridge, AB. T1K3M4

    Ph: 403-329-2602


    What are your hours of operation?

    The Campus Mobility Services office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.  Hours of parking enforcement are 8am until 5pm unless posted otherwise in each lot.   

    How do I apply for a parking permit?

    Semester and yearly parking permits are sold on a first come, first serve basis. 


    How much does parking cost?

    The cost varies by each lot, based on the proximity to buildings and intended use.  You can find current rates at


    I work at the University of Lethbridge, am I eligible to pay for my parking permit via payroll deduction?

    Employees eligible for payroll deduction are those categorized as full time continuing salaried. Hourly staff is not eligible for payroll deduction. Please contact your Payroll Specialist if you have any questions.


    How can I obtain Accessible parking?

    If you require accessible parking on campus you must be in possession provincial handicap placard.  All accessible stalls are on a first come first serve basis, there is no guarantee a stall will be available in your preferred lot.  Please contact Parking Services for more information.  


    I am a visitor to campus, where can I park?

    Visitor and short term parking is provided in various parking lots around campus. Parking is provided in Pay and Park permit parking areas.

    Customers may purchase permits using coins, credit cards at the dispenser located in the parking lot or by using the free phone app Honk Mobile. Parking is provided for time periods of 1 hour to all day.  Rates are $2.00 per hour ($1.50 for Lot N) to a maximum of $10.00 for the day.  Pay and park is available in the following lots:

    ◦Lot D and H - 1 hour minimum-1 hour maximum

    ◦Lot C - 1 hour Minimum - 4 hour maximum

    ◦Lot G - 1 hour minimum-2 hour maximum

    ◦Lot N (north end) - 1 hour minimum-all day maximum

    Pay and Park is allowed in the north end of N lot only. All pay and display parking areas are marked with blue "Visitor Parking" signs and blue lines outlining the stalls.


    What about weekends? Is parking free?

    While parking is enforced 24/7 parking is free on weekends and after 5:00 pm, parking enforcement is extended until 7:00 pm in some lots closer to the buildings.  Please refer to the signage in each lot. The exception to this is reserve stalls, Handicap parking and residence lots which are strictly enforced 24/7.


    Is my permit refundable?

    Yes, your permit is refundable at the Cash Office in Anderson Hall ( Lot Q - Non-refundable) . Both annual and semester permits can be returned for time not used. Permit is refunded for the months following, up to the expiry date of the permit as per scheduled cut-off dates.

    Permits are the property of the University of Lethbridge and cannot be re-sold.


    What do I do if I forget my hanging parking permit and still need to park?

    If you have forgotten your permit, you can park your vehicle in our pay and park areas (see visitor parking). Parking permits must visible in order to be valid.


    Why can’t I park for free when the parking lot is empty?

    This would be like going to a hotel and expecting the room to be free because no one else is staying in it…

    Parking is completely self-funding and therefore receives no funding from tuition fees, or Government.  Things like parking lot construction and maintenance, sidewalks, paths, roads, electricity for lighting, snow removal, financial services, employee salaries, to name just a few, must be paid for by revenues generated through parking fees.  


    What should I do if my car breaks down or if I have been drinking and cannot drive home?

    If you are legally parked and have consumed alcohol, you may leave your vehicle where it is overnight.

    Again, the best thing to do is to contact our office or the Security Services Office (403-329-2549) after hours with your license plate number and location of your vehicle. This one small step may prevent your vehicle from being ticketed or towed. Vehicles left for this reason must be removed by 8 a.m. the next morning.


    What can I do if I don’t feel safe walking to my vehicle after hours?

    There are two options for you. You may contact the U of L Safewalk program at 403-380-1888 and two designated Safewalkers (female and a male) will meet you at your choice of locations and walk with you to your vehicle, classroom or residence on campus.

    At any time you may contact Security at 403-329-2345 and request an escort anywhere on campus.


    If I feel I have received a ticket without due cause, what should I do?

    If you believe a ticket issued to you was unjustified, please go to for the Parking web site where you can submit an appeal and attach any significant information.


    Is parking free if the Parking dispenser is not working?

    No, just like when you buy your groceries and their debit machine is not working, you don’t get the groceries for free.

    You have a couple of options to avoid a parking ticket for non-payment when a dispenser is not working. You can use the Honk Mobile app and pay on your phone, or park in another lot where another dispenser is located.

    If you need to report a dispenser out of service, please contact Parking Services (403-329-2603). Tell them:

    • where the meter is located
    • an explanation of the problem
    • your name and phone number

    The meter will be checked and any necessary repairs done as soon as possible.


    How are parking rates set?

    All parking rates are set by the University Of Lethbridge Board Of Governors.


    What do I do if my permit is lost or stolen?

    If your permit is lost or stolen you must report it to the police department in the appropriate jurisdiction. A copy of the police report or the file number must then be provided to Campus Security, a report will be filled out and a replacement permit will be issued at a cost of $45.00.

    By reporting the incident, you allow us to better track all missing permits and help ensure it is not being used unlawfully. Permits reported lost or stolen and are found in use on campus will result in the vehicle being towed and a follow up investigation will be initiated.


    Where can I park my motorcycle or bicycle?

    Designated motorcycle parking areas can be found in Lots C, M and N.

    Motorbikes parked in designated motorcycle stalls do not require a permit.

    Bicycle parking is strategically located across the campus. Bicycles must be parked in supplied bike stands. Bicycles attached to trees or outside of designated stands maybe removed and placed in storage. To retrieve your bicycle after it has been removed, contact Security Services and provide identification and proof of ownership.

    There is no charge to use the outdoor bike racks.

    Bicycle lockers may be rented from Sport & Rec. Services.