Main Campus Buildings
|University Hall (UH) (A, B, C, D, E)||This facility houses the cafeteria, some residences, classrooms, scientific and computer
laboratories, administrative offices, plant utilities.
|University Centre for the Arts (UCA) (W)||This facility houses the departments of Art, Dramatic Arts, Music and the School of Fine
It features a multi-purpose theatre, recital hall / film theatre, the University Gallery,
|University Library (L)||This facility houses the University Library, offices, classrooms, and Security Services.|
|1st Choice Savings Centre for Sport & Wellness (CSW) (PE)||This facility provides gymnasia, fitness centre, indoor running track, climbing wall, sauna
and steam room facilities, in addition to classrooms and administrative offices.
|Max Bell Regional Aquatic Centre (RAC) (PE)||This facility houses an Olympic Standard swimming pool, administrative offices and a classroom.|
|Student’s Union Building (SU)||This facility features a retail floor housing the Bookstore, food kiosks, dining area,
mini-mart, video games room; Students’ Union offices, clubrooms, CKUL Radio, The
Meliorist, the ZOO Pub, Health Services and all Student Affairs departments are located
on three other floors.
|Turcotte Hall (TH)||This facility houses Facilities Department, faculty offices, classrooms, seminar rooms
and study areas.
|Aperture Park (AP)||Aperture Park , comprises two apartment buildings and two townhome complexes. The
names of the four buildings are Kainai House (KA), Piikani House (P), Siksika House (SI),
and Tsuutina House (TU)
|Anderson Hall (AH)||
This facility houses offices, classrooms, and computer labs, Financial Services, Human
|Canadian Centre for Behavioural Neuroscience (CCBN) (EP)||This facility houses scientific research labs and offices.|
|Hepler Hall (HH)||This facility houses scientific research labs and offices.|
|Parkway Service Complex (SC)||This building houses the garage/mechanic shop, carpenter shop, paint and sign shop,
Grounds department, Materials Management, Post Office, Shipping/Receiving, Printing
Services and Bookstore Receiving.
|Remote Research Building (R)||This facility houses scientific research labs, office and Aviary.|
|Observatory (R)||This facility houses a telescope and other astronomical equipment.|
|Boneyard||This area is for University storage exterior and interior in several buildings.|
|Residence Village (RV)||Six fourplex residence buildings.|
|Paterson Centre (PC)||Houses laundry facilities for RV residents, large communal room with kitchenette,
storage, outdoor deck.
|Markin Hall (MH)||Under construction – completion Summer 2010 – will house Faculty of Management and|
|School of Health Sciences.
Alberta Water and Environmental Science Building (WE)
Under construction – completion Fall 2008 – will house research labs, aquaculture facility
|Sports Field Complex (SF)||
Under construction – completion Fall 2008 – consists of an artificial turf playing field,
Off Campus Buildings
|Biology Field Station||Westcastle|
|Dr. James Penny Building||Downtown Lethbridge|
|Nicholas Sheran Arena||West Lethbridge (leased space)|
|Senator Burns Building at SAIT||Calgary (leased space)|
|U. of L. Building||Edmonton (leased space)|
Bus Service to the University
Bus drop off/pick-up areas are as follows:
- Aperture Drive Loop at South end of Students’ Union Bldg.
- University Drive just north of Valley Road
- Aperture Drive near SW entrance to FW parking lot
Refer to campus map for locations.
- Parking is available in the West, Far West, Exploration Place, and Northwest lots upon purchase of a U of L Parking Permit (Plug or Non-Plug).
- Vehicles must be parked in the applicable areas. The East, North and South lots are for special permit parking. Applications for parking in these lots can be made at the Security Office.
- Temporary permits are available at Security, Facilities Service Centre, and roadside dispensers at each entrance to the Far West Lot.
- Rover permits allow short term parking in any area on campus except for individually marked spaces and the Level 4 loading dock area adjacent to University Hall.
- Office located in Library room L911
- Emergency phone dial 2345 on campus (403) 329-2345 off campus
- Lost & Found office dial 2549
- Obtain parking permit from security.
- UH – Cafeteria, Fresh Express
- SUB – Food Court; The Zoo Bistro
- Library – Station
- 1st Choice Savings Centre – Tim Horton’s