Multiple alkaline battery recycling stations for alkaline batteries are set up across campus:
- Level 4 U.H. (B Section, outside B470)
- Level 6 U.C.A. (by the ATM machine)
- Level 2 Students’ Union (by the Bookstore)
- Level 1 Markin Hall food kiosk
- Level 9 across from Security
- Level 1 Turcotte Hall Facilities – TH101
- Level 2 1st Choice Wellness Centre
- WESB 1 near the kitchen area
Batteries are collected and stored until enough have been accumulated to cost-effectively ship to All-Tra Battery. There is no cost to recycle batteries as the University of Lethbridge purchases all alkaline batteries from All-Tra Battery.
The Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation (RBRC) from Ft. Erie, ON recycles rechargeable batteries and cell phones. RBRC supplies the containers and pays the shipping costs.
These containers are located in:
- Utilities Department (U.H. B470)
- Materials Management (Parkway Service Complex)
- Facilities offices (Turcotte Hall Level 1)
- Students’ Union second level (outside the bookstore)
Containers are also available to departments upon request.