Wigham Family Literature Site
- Bibliographical Tools to Locate Children's and Young Adult Literature [PDF]
- LearnAlberta.ca on our Digital Resource Subscriptions site (username and password required) contains a comprehensive literature website (including some Canadian content and authors), found in the Online Reference Centre:
- Teachingbooks.net ("Sharing the spirit of books and reading") -- Audio Book Readings, Author Interviews, Author Programs and Author Websites, Book Guides, Booklists, Book Awards.
- Scholastic's BookFLIX database (grades K-3) pairs classic fiction video storybooks from Weston Woods with nonfiction eBooks. List 0f 2010/2011 BookFLIX titles.
- The Digital Resource Subscriptions site (username and password required) also contains these literature finding tools:
- Reviews@EdmontonPublicSchools contains the Aboriginal Collection Database – Recommended literature titles related to First Nations themes, tied to the Alberta curriculum in all subject areas. Each book in the Aboriginal Collection has been reviewed at least twice: once by an educator, and once by a member of the Aboriginal Community (Currently, no username and password is required).
- Carol Hurst's Children's Literature site -- Is a collection of reviews of great books for kids, ideas of ways to use them in the classroom and collections of books and activities about particular subjects, curriculum areas, themes and professional topics.
- Pika : Canadian Children's Literature Database -- Library and Archives Canada's database of Canadian children's books, with descriptions, and reading and interest levels of titles.
- Canadian Children's Book Centre -- Includes book news, Canadian book awards, author and illustrator links, children's book publishers, and "Our Choice" book lists.
- Vandergrift's Children's Literature Page -- "Those who care about children and their literature have an obligation to inform themselves of the best and the latest thinking about the constellation of topics that will enable them to bring the two together most successfully. The reading bibliography is basic to gaining a rich background in the field."
- KidLit Children's Literature -- Gives "kids an opportunity to see their works published on the worldwide web."