Book Descriptions and Reviews
- University of Lethbridge Library Global Books In Print database (Available to University of Lethbridge students) -- This site includes standard reviews for each title.
- LearnAlberta.ca on our Digital Resource Subscriptions site (username and password required) contains a comprehensive literature website (including some Canadian content and authors), found in the Online Reference Centre:
- Teachingbooks.net ("Sharing the spirit of books and reading") -- Audio Book Readings, Author Interviews, Author Programs and Author Websites, Book Guides, Booklists, Book Awards.
- Database of Award Winning Children's Literature -- Has over 3,500 titles from 49 children's book awards across five English-speaking countries. It includes short reviews, as well as information on children's literature awards.
- Carol Hurst's Book Reviews -- Hundreds of reviews of good books, arranged by author, title, and grade level.
- CM Magazine -- Canadian Review of Materials "is an electronic reviewing journal which reviews Canadiana of interest to children and young adults, including publications produced in Canada, or published elsewhere but of special interest or significance to Canada." It also contains author profiles.
- Pika-- Library and Archives Canada's database of Canadian children's books, with descriptions, reading and interest levels of titles.
- Bookspot Reviews -- Links to a number of reviewing sites, including information on literature awards.
- University of Lethbridge Library Virtual Reference Book Reviews -- Links to a number of other reviewing sites.
For older titles, these sources point you to reviews in standard print resources:
- Book Review Index Plus Search for reviews on books, periodicals, books on tape and electronic media. Indexes thousands of publications including journals, magazines and newspapers. Includes full text reviews. This is a good source for finding reviews on newer books and titles published longer than 10 years ago.
- Gale's Literary Index indexes many of the Gale literary reference series available in the University Library.
- Book Review Digest (Z 1219 C96) -- Look in the volume of the year, or the year after, the book was first published.