Master of Counselling Admission Requirements
All students must meet the academic requirements for admission (see calendar for details), which include:
1) Minimum grade point average (GPA). Evidence of academic ability and promise, normally shown by a minimum GPA of 3.00 in the semesters containing the last 20 university courses (60.0 credit hours)
2) A University of Lethbridge baccalaureate degree or its academic equivalent from another recognized degree-granting institution.
3) Applicants must present a breadth of undergraduate courses in counselling, educational psychology or psychology. Particular emphasis is paid to courses in human development, learning, personality, psychological disorders (abnormal psychology), and counselling and/or inter-personal skills.
4) Evidence of successful experience in a related area. Preference is given to applicants who have two or more years of work experience in a counselling or related setting. Volunteer experience in counselling settings is also desirable.
5) English Language Proficiency All applicants must meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) Requirements for Graduate Students.
For information on how to apply to the program see our Application Information.