M.Ed. Admission Requirements
All students must meet the academic requirements for admission to a Master of Education program (see calendar for details), which include:
1) Minimum grade point average (GPA). Evidence of academic ability and promise (normally a GPA of 3.00 on the most recent 20 university courses).
2) A University of Lethbridge baccalaureate degree or its academic equivalent from another recognized degree-granting institution.
3) Approximately two years of successful teaching or other relevant educational experience.
4) Additional admission requirements
- Relevancy of undergraduate degree (preference for degrees in Education or Psychology followed by degrees in Social Work or Nursing).
- Breadth of undergraduate courses in counselling, educational psychology or psychology. Particular emphasis is paid to courses in human development, personality, psychology of learning, and counselling skills.
- Relevant work and/or volunteer experience. Preference is given to applicants who have two or more years of teaching and/or counselling experience. Volunteer experience in counselling settings is also desirable.
- Related experience. Preference is given to applicants who have leadership experience and/or demonstrated leadership potential.
Note: Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the English Language Proficiency (ELP) Requirements for Graduate Students.
Information on how to apply to the Master of Education programs available here.