What is wait-listing?
The Dhillon School of Business will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to access required Lethbridge Management (MGT) courses during their initial registration dates for Fall or Spring terms.
Please contact Calgary campus regarding wait-listing for courses offered there. There is no wait-listing for summer courses. ECON, STAT, WRIT, ENGL and other arts or science courses should be wait-listed through the Faculty of Arts & Science.
When can I wait-list?
The next wait-listing for continuing students will be in November 2018 for the Spring (Jan-Apr) 2019 term.
How do I wait-list for a Lethbridge Management (MGT) course?
1. Make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You attempted to register for the course during your initial registration window.
- You have the prerequisites and corequisites required for the course.
- The course is required by your current declared major in the upcoming term because a) it is your final term or b) it is a prereq needed for sequencing for a future final term or c) it is only offered once a year and it is your final year.
- The wait-listed course fits with your current registration and either does not exceed the 5 course limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place.
- You are not already registered in another section of the course.
- You do not have any cash holds.
2. Meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor to obtain a wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
3. Look up the course number, section and CRN for the Management course you want to wait-list for in the timetable.
4. Submit a wait-list request form.
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, keep in mind that there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- MGT Courses that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped in April for Fall term and in December for Spring term, resulting in possible available seats.
- Students are constantly adding and dropping classes once initial registration is over and especially between the first day of classes until the add/drop deadline.
If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course. If you do not meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating circumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor.