What is wait-listing?
The Dhillon School of Business will accept requests from continuing students who were unable to access required Lethbridge Management (MGT) courses at the start of their registration window for Fall or Spring terms.
Please note the following:
- Section preference is not a valid reason to wait-list.
- Students who have cash holds cannot be wait-listed.
- Please contact Calgary campus for courses offered there.
- There is no wait-listing for summer courses.
- CPSC, ECON, ENGL, MATH, POLI, PSYC, SOCI, STAT, and WRIT courses should be wait-listed through the Faculty of Arts & Science.
When can I wait-list?
The next wait-listing window for continuing students will be in December for Spring 2020 term.
How do I wait-list for a Lethbridge Management (MGT) course?
1. Make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You attempted to register for the course at the start of your registration window.
- You have the prerequisites and corequisites required for the course.
- The course is required by your current declared major in the upcoming term because a) it is your final term or b) it is a prereq needed for sequencing for a future final term or c) it is only offered once a year and it is your final year.
- The wait-listed course fits with your current registration and either does not exceed the 5 course limit or you will indicate a course to be dropped in its place.
2. Meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor to obtain a wait-list code. The wait-list code is not a guarantee of being wait-listed, but is required to submit a request. Submissions without a valid wait-list code will be discarded without notice.
3. Look up the course number, section and CRN for the Management course you want to wait-list for on the Bridge or in the timetable.
4. Submit a wait-list request form.
What if I am not eligible for wait-listing?
If you are not eligible for wait-listing, you may have other options and can consult with a Dhillon School of Business advisor. Also, keep in mind there is lots of registration movement and a seat may open up in the course you want in one of the following ways:
- MGT courses that are initially reserved for specific majors will have the reserves dropped in April for Fall term and in December for Spring term, resulting in possible available seats.
- Students continually add and drop classes once registration opens for the term. Activity is especially high from the first day of classes until the add deadline.
If you are persistent in checking, you may be successful in adding the course. If you do not meet the wait-list eligibility, but feel you have extenuating circumstances that require you to be in a specific course in the upcoming semester, please meet with a Dhillon School of Business advisor.